
Today I ran the Halloween Half Marathon. It is probably the prettiest run I have ever done - absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am thankful that Adrienne ran with me and kept me going - I could not have done it by myself! Around mile 10 I got pretty tired, mile 11 I was wondering what the heck I was doing and how I was going to get the last 2 miles in and mile 12 I decided that if I stopped to walk I would just lay down and not finish hehe I even sprinted across the finish line :)
There were an insane amount of runners (over 2500!) a lot of them dressed in costume. I wasn't dressed up but since Adri was I borrowed her makeup and zombied up my face.
I did not train as I should have - I think I ran 3 times in the 6 weeks before this race haha NOT a good plan. Still that being said I think I did ok, officially the 1/2 marathon is 13.1 miles but my gps said I ran 13.7 and I am going with that! I finished in 2 hours 25 minutes and 5 seconds. Not too shabby if I say so myself! I really want to do this run again - with more training for sure! I'll post more pictures later (need to get them from Adri because I didn't take a camera!
1 comment:
Thanks for running with me... that was alot of fun. Thanks for getting my running bib and thanks for the running tights you scored me and thanks for that yummy energy shot before the race... NOT! Can't wait for next year!
Post a Comment