Tuesday, September 13, 2011

RRR Zions!


This last weekend 12 of us participated in the Red Rock Relay Zion run. I had an amazing time. I couldn't have had a better team to run with. We laughed and laughed and ran our butts off and just had a wonderful experience. There is just something about this that makes me feel so strong!
This is just an example of the crazy weather we had. During Natalie's run (she was the first runner in our car) she got pelted with hail. OUCH!


Audrey finishing up her first run - I love the look on her face!
Adri and Natalie bringing me in at the finish line!
This is the exchange at the end of my first run. I always try to sprint to the end - I sprinted and basically threw the bracelet at Audrey - totally didn't mean to do that!!! And yes, it looks like I might just die haha

Big thanks to Brett's brother for hooking us up at Olive Garden for our pre-race carb load :)

Poor Teresa from our van grabbed a kid sized sleeping bag. We all got a really good giggle out of it and she said she had the warmest legs!
Darrin was our driver for most of the legs (except when he was running obviously). I am so happy to have my handsome husband run these with me. I have a blast with him and he makes me want to run even faster so I can do as good as he does!



I don't have a ton of pictures, we took a few videos that I will try to post later. I stole the "Jump" picture from Adri's blog -- Thanks for the extra photos Adri! :)

We had an awesome support system from Adriennes family - with their help and some of our own family and friends we were able to win 2 of the facebook contests that were held. We now have 2 Moab teams in the works!!! I can't wait!

2 comments:

twoboysandateenagegirl.blogspot.com said...

I hope you have me on that moab team(: when is the next relay you are doing?? Great job you guys..

Adri Ballingham said...

We seriously had the best team ever. Everyone is sooo supportive and did an amazing job running. I love the sleeping bag picture it makes me giggle every time I see it. I am so in for Moab and I am sure everyone else on my team is.