Monday, January 12, 2009

Clinic Day

Today was clinic day. Rae did pretty good, she ended up having a small break in her port line which stressed her out a bit - then she had a reaction to one of her meds but the very good and efficient nurses (CARRIE AND TIFF!) took care of things pronto! Thanks to Kelli also for taking care of run-a-way Xander while we were dealing with miss Rae. Rae's counts are good so they are keeping her chemo right where it is. It is so strange to be at the tail end of things, knowing we only have 2 more clinic visits. To be honest I will be a little sad. I have made some great friends up there and it will be strange not to see them. I am guessing we will just have to have lunch dates or something :)

4 comments:

Adri said...

No one says you can't go up and visit. I can't believe it's almost all over. I am so excited for you guys.

Tiffany said...

Ha....2 more clinic visits? Dream on!! We will be seeing you every 4-6 weeks for a while, so you won't be missing us that bad! :)

Sorry for the very unlucky day yesterday - Rae did really good despite all the expected unexpected problems. :)

Carrie said...

Thanks for the help as well. A calm parent and willing child always make a situation such as this a smooth one.
like tiff said, we won't be letting go of you anytime soon...thank goodness.
have a fabulous week.
good seeing you guys!
Nurse Bettis

Nana Sharples News said...

It's wonderful to have made some great friends that have truly cared so much for your sweet little miss. Thank our Heavenly Father for people who make the decision to take care of our children and their health needs. I understand how you feel. I spent alot of time at PRIMARY with my Heather and heart issues as a child and got close to doctors and nurses and will be forever greatful for the kind and loving care they provided me in a very stressful time. Happy to hear she is doing so great. Wishing you only the best for you and your family. How did Rae like her apron?