Friday, January 2, 2009

Did he or didn't he???

So, on Sunday Xander acted like he was choking and then swallowed whatever was giving him troubles. I asked him what he swallowed because he said it hurt his throat. This was what he said he swallowed:
In case you can't tell, it is a steel ball. Yeah just ask me if that didn't stress me out at all. So, I call the Dr. she says give it a few days to see if he poops it out - GREAT, now I have to go digging through poop to see... SUPER! I gave him miralax pretty much every day and he pooped like a champ. No ball. So today, took him for an X-ray to see if it was in fact still in there, if it ever even was. 1st film shows HUGE circle in his lung - WHAT?! oh, woops, he had a quarter in his hand, which happened to be on his chest during the x-ray. So, ok, we will shoot another film. Second film shows large cirle in the right abdominal area - WHAT?! oh woops, it was a penny on the x-ray table. I decided he had been exposed to enough radiation at that point and there was no ball in his belly, intestines, colon etc. WOO HOO :) So, what was it that he swallowed? Who knows, I sure didn't find anything interesting or noteworthy in my daily searches!

Always good times at the Smith House!

7 comments:

humming fun said...

Did you find anything good? Or is that just something you don't want to talk about?

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. What the heck???? That is just crazy. I am so glad everything is o.k. I don't know why, but you sure seem to get all the fun challenges. You are a true survivor!

Carrie said...

good grief!
hope you are having a better week!
keep us updated!
me

juli said...

Maybe he will always set off the metal detector at the airport and courthouse!

Adri said...

Wow... I would like to say that I am jealous but, I really don't think digging through poop sounds like a lot of fun. Kids... they can make us crazy some times. Glad everything is okay though.

Nana Sharples News said...

I have to laugh (even though I probably shouldn't) because your life as a mom, seems to bring me back to when I had six little ones. You are so darn cute. Keep up the good work...isn't it interesting?

Tiffany said...

Um...seriously, I'm pretty sure these things only happen to you!! Obviousy he's okay - try to keep round metal objects away from the little dude.