Yesterday my awesome friend Natalie and I ran the Deseret News 10K. The first one for both of us. It was so much fun. We arrived at 6:00am (the race was to start at 6:05 but these things never start on time right???) We parked, got out and started walking the 1/2 mile + up the hill to the start line. Just a little into it the motorcycle cop says to us "You better hurry it has started" and Nat and I laughed thinking he was being silly. NOPE, it had started!!! So we booked it up the hill to the start line (AGAIN UP THE HILL!!!) hehe So, we ran a good 1/2 mile before the race even started. We were DEAD last at the start line, seriously the cop car was behind us. We kicked up our speed and passed a bunch of people though so it was ok hehe.
We also had this great plan that we would both drive, we would park my car at the finish and then drive her car up to the start so that we wouldn't have to wait for the bus. WELL being the organized and smart thinking woman that I am, I put my keys in my purse (that we left in her car) and her keys in the pack that she carried. Turns out, her keys won't work in my car! So... We waited for the bus to take us back to the startline.
Other than those two mishaps we had a great time, it was an awsome run and I look forward to doing lots more of these in the future. 1/2 Marathon here we come!

Us after SPRINTING to the finish line - we ran 6.39 miles in 1:05:39 - pretty dang good I think!



Us on the bus after our brilliant plan failed.
5 comments:
So Proud of You. You are amazing!! Love you and cant wait to see you!!
you two are the bomb!
I love it! Too much fun... are you ready for our 1/2 in 2 weeks???? Haha!
Way to go!!! Awesome time ladies! I don't know why you would want to run a little old 5k now with me.
Will you ever put on even 1/2 pound. You are smaller now then when you got married. You look great and good job.
Post a Comment