Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Making a Wish

Earlier this month Raegan was invited to go to the Make-A-Wish foundation and tell them her most heartfelt wish. They do an amazing job there. They had a big welcome sign with her name on it, then she got to go play the wishing game which has questions like "who would you most like to be" (her answer was Cinderella), and "who would you most like to meet" (again, Cinderella), for the question "if you could have anything in the world what would you want" her answer was A Pink D.S. haha! She was able to tell them 3 wishes (in case one of them could not be granted), and then she put them in the wizards hat to be sent off to the wish makers. After that we all got to eat icecream (I think that was the favorite part for the kids).




Last night the wish granters came to our house to proclaim Raegans wish. I don't know if she fully grasps the concept yet. She was however very excited about the backpack that they brought her full of princess things for her to do on the plane.



Her wish is to go to Disney World to see and be Cinderella!

8 comments:

juli said...

How wonderful!
If you are able to get into Give Kids the World (MAW will offer it)- go for it! Sometimes GKTW is booked during one of the dates you are available. They will put you in a nice hotel and you can have access to the Village. BUT, IMO the Village is so fun that it really adds to the experience.
They gave us the option of two dates - one at the Village and one offsite.
I hope I have not ruined any surprises they have in store - just pretend to be surprised!
I bought 2 DisneyWorld/Florida books on half.com. If you want them, you are welcome to them both. I won't be needing them again. Let me know.

Brett said...

Awesome, I hope you have fun in Disney World! Give Cinderella a kiss for me.

Heather said...

That is so great for Raegan. What a wonderful program the Make-A-Wish foundation is. I hope you all have a fun time. We love you Raegan.

Adri said...

HOLY CRAP... little Miss Rae, I am so excited for you and your whole family. What a great thing to happen for you. You deserve it with all that you have had to go through. I think you would be a beautiful Cinderella.

zane said...

that's cool rae

Nana Sharples News said...

Oh how wonderful. I am excited for your sweet little girl. Will the whole family get to go?
I am thrilled.

Abby's Blog said...

Hey!!
When are you guys going?? We are going in Oct. on the 11th!! Tell Rae I am so EXCITED for her!!!

Love,
Abby

Anonymous said...

That is so neat. I am so excited for her. Does the whole entire family get to go. What an adventure. She is so darling. Congratulations. Take lots of pictures we will be waiting to see this adventure.