First, get a pot.
Get some Styrofoam and put it in the bottom of the pot - leave an inch or so from the top of the pot.
Put a dowel in the styrofoam.

Put some change on top just so it looks cute - plus it will help hold everything down.
Now the fun starts. Grab some dollars. I use $1, $2 and $5 bills, you can use whatever you want but you will need quite a bit so start small and see how far you get. Anyway, pinch them in the middle then wrap some plant wire around and twist.
You will need a round styrofoam ball for the top of the tree. Push the dollars into it and just fill fill fill.

Here's the finished product. As I said, this makes a great wedding gift, especially if you have a lot of people go in on it. You can put as much or as little on it as you want. You just have to watch what size ball you get for the top of your tree hehe the bigger it is the more money you will need to put on it.
2 comments:
I love the money tree. I think that is such a clever idea. I teased my dad the other day and told him I actually found a money tree.
Great Gift Idea. It really does seem time consuming. Can I hire you to make mine? What would something like that cost? Really cool though!
Post a Comment