Monday, May 19, 2008

1st game lost!


Tonight Haiden's team lost their first game of the season. Haiden was obviously very disappointed. It is so hard to see the kids so upset. How do you tell them (and make them understand) that it is totally ok to loose, that everyone makes mistakes, that in the grand scheme of things it really isn't that big of a deal. Obviously I can't tell him that I actually think it is good for them to loose once in a while, that I think it teaches them to be more humble and that now they know how all the other teams that played them have felt. The kids play the same team again on Wednesday and I hope that as a parent my nervousness does not rub off on him. I just want him to have fun and be confident.

2 comments:

Adri said...

I'm so sorry to hear they lost. I bet that is so hard when they have been winning. But I would just tell him what you said in your post. It's just a game and they played their best. I bet he will be nervous, it's natural to feel that way.

Anonymous said...

Losing anything just flat out sucks. However, it is what we make of it that really matters. We can not win everything. It is just too bad that when we are children we don't fully understand this. You are an awesome mom, I bet you explained it well.