Thursday, April 17, 2008

Baseball...
















Haiden has started baseball again, his team is very good! Today was the first time I have been able to attend a game and it was a lot of fun to watch him play. He gets a little distracted that I am there watching him - hehe. He hit 3 out of 3 times at bat. He looks so great standing up there ready for the pitch. The whole team looks so dedicated out in the field and they are ready for every pitch. Their team won 16 to 0. They have won every game so far -- most of the scores have been 24-2 or something like that. I am very proud that he works so hard and practices so that he can do good at the games.

Haidens team is batting over .800 for the season and most of their outs they get by fielding outs. These kids have played together for several years now and are very solid from top to bottom.

On a non-baseball related note.... we have been bribing the kids with the idea that we will get a Wii if they are all good. Haiden today was talking to Darrin about it, Darrin was explaining that all the kids had to be good in order to earn the wii, Haiden said "but dad, what about Xander, he is always bad - he's going to blow it!" Hahaha, guess the other 3 kids will have to be EXTRA good to make up for the little brother.

3 comments:

Brett said...

Good job Haiden. Good to see a Smith play a real sport. I loved playing baseball. Keep up the hard work

Adri said...

Way to go Haiden. Hehehe I just read Brett's comment. Haiden also made me laugh with what he said about Xander.

Darrin said...

I'm not sure what you are implying Brett. Maybe you should have said "play well at a real sport."

I do appreciate the comment. The one thing that makes me the proudest is that he is always giving 100% effort.